Tuesday, July 31, 2007

with skillful hands he led them (Psalm 78:72)

My devotional, Streams in the Desert, (written by L.B. Cowan and edited by James Reimann)today really spoke to me. And with this inspiration - God I pray that I would hold on, trusting completely, that You are in control, and that I am not merely wandering through doors I unlocked myself. . .

When you are unsure which course to take, (I feel like this all the time) totally submit your own judgment to that of the Spirit of God, (Spirit - my teacher and guide - I submit to You) asking Him to shut every door except that right one. (Please shut the doors that are not mine - keep me from meandering without Your purpose) But meanwhile keep moving ahead and consider the absence of a direct indication from God to be the evidence of His will that you are on His path. And as you continue down the long road, you will find that He has gone before you, locking doors you otherwise would have been inclined to enter. Yet you can be sure that somewhere beyond the locked doors is one He has left unlocked. (THANK YOU - I am excited to find out what lies ahead) And when you open it and walk through, you will find yourself face to face with a turn in the river of opportunity -- one that is broader and deeper than anything you ever dared to imagine, even in your wildest dreams. So set sail on it, because it flows to the open sea. (ahhh. . . I long to be there)

God often guides us through our circumstances. One moemnt, our way may seem totally blocked, but then suddenly some seeminly trivial incident occus, appears as nothing to others but speaking volumes to the keen eye of faith. (God - I sense You have been speaking to me - through Sharon, Africa, Ms. Cross, and others) And sometimes the events are repeated in various ways in response to our prayers. They certainly are not haphazzard results of chance but are God opening up the way we should walk, by directing our circumstances. And they begin to multiply as we advance toward our goal, just as the lights of a city seem to increase as we speed toward it while at night. F. B. Meyer (God - I don't want to be distrusting - I want to believe that you are multiplying these events to make it evident that this is the right door - God help me to do what I seem to be unable to do myself - TRUST that this is TRUTH - and let go of the fear that it is not)

If you go to God for guidance, He will guide you. But do not expect Him to console you by showing you His list of purposes concerning you, when you have displayed distrust or even half-trust in Him. (God - you know this is a struggle for me - please make it a victory - a place where I proclaim Your name) What He will do, if you will trust Him and go cheerfully ahead when He shows you the way, is to guide you still farther. Horace Bushnell (Thank you)

No comments: